The Judging Process
- On November 21, 2017, when application submission closes, our expert judges will review all entries and select three finalists for each of the five categories.
- The fifteen finalists will be announced December 4, 2017, on our website. Finalists will be notified via email.
- Online audience voting will begin on December 4, 2017, after the fifteen finalists are selected and announced, and will remain open until January 2, 2018, 8:00 PM EST
- The winner from each category will be selected through a combination of expert judges and online audience votes. There will be an additional Audience Favorite award given to one of the fifteen finalists that will be selected from 100% of the online audience votes.
- The category winners and the Audience Favorite will be announced live on stage January 9, 2018, at 3:30 PM PST during a special event at the Baby Tech Showcase in Las Vegas, Nevada as part of the Consumer Electronics Show. The eighteen finalists are recommended to be present at the event.
Our expert judges will be assessing the applicant submissions using four primary criteria:
- Innovation: Does the technology break new ground in its respective field or go beyond minimal improvement on something that already exists?
- Impact: Has the technology made a significant impact in peoples’ lives? Is it improving their overall lifestyle, health or well-being? Is it measurable?
- Implementation: Has the technology implemented been well executed? Did they consider appropriate form factor, user experience, capability, aesthetic design, engagement, long-term use, etc.
- Individuality: What differentiates the technology in the fertility, pregnancy and baby market? How is it unique and/or superior?